03 Nov SBWT Part of $1.2 Million USDA-Funded Project To Accelerate Resource Efficiency in the Controlled Environment Ag Industry
Silver Bullet Water Treatment (SBWT) is proud to be a member of a consortium of sustainable-minded organizations that have won a $595,026 matching grant from USDA’s Conservation Innovation Grants (CIG) program to study, analyze, and create tools to help make the controlled environment ag (CEA) industry more resource efficient. CIG projects inspire creative problem solving that boosts production on farms, ranches, and private forests – ultimately, they improve water quality, soil health, and wildlife habitat.
The project has been jointly funded by a consortium of non-federal contributors/project participants, including SBWT, with an additional $595,372, bringing total funding to nearly $1.2 million.
Goals and deliverables of the CIG project include:
- Characterize the CEA market.
- Build strategic partnerships with a diverse range of market actors to develop a collaborative market intervention strategy.
- Provide resources for producer and workforce education and training.
- Prove the effectiveness of resource benchmarking to improve performance of CEA facilities.
- Support a robust policy infrastructure for efficient CEA.
- Provide guidance to utilities and other efficiency program administrators on incorporating this market transformation initiative into their program portfolios.
- Recognize high-performance operations with a voluntary certification system.
The project will be led by The Resource Innovation Institute (RII), whose mission is to is to advance resource efficiency to cultivate a better agricultural future and The American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy (ACEEE), a non-profit organization that works to advance energy efficiency policies, programs, technologies, investments, and behaviors.
Along with contributing to funding, SBWT role in the project is as a member of the Project Advisory Group where our company’s CEA expertise, industry network, and innovative water management/facility design solutions will be of significant benefit to creating a more resource efficient industry.
Coupled with recently released research proving SBWT’s solutions have up to a 75% lower carbon and water footprint than competing water treatment methods, we are excited to contribute through this project to the resource use transformations in the CEA sector. Being part of this important CEA project is yet another way SBWT continues to lead on water and energy conservation for the customers we serve and the communities we live.
You can take advantage of SBWT’s expertise and resource efficient solutions for your commercial cannabis or horticulture cultivation facility.
Let’s have a conversation about your facility’s water management needs.
SMALL STEPS CAN LEAD TO GREAT LEAPS FORWARD.
CONTACT SILVER BULLET WATER TREATMENT TO DISCUSS YOUR WATER MANAGEMENT PROJECT.